What I love about church in the None Zone:
- No cultural Christianity: They’re is no civic version of the religion telling you what Christianity is (ie. Patriotism, gender roles, etc.)
- Deliberate choice to be in church: We’ve all heard the None’s reasonings and have decided to pursue Jesus anyhow. This makes for a stronger church member.
- None’s keep us honest and transparent: Some of the None’s reasonings are due to pain from the church…the church locally has learned to recognize this painful history and many have adopted ways to not repeat it.
- Sense of ecumenism: We all love our traditions, but we know that we need our ecumenical friends.
- Sense of camaraderie: Less competition, more collaboration
- Room to innovate: Being small and regularly on the brink, we have developed a sense of freedom to try new things. This brings joy and fun to the work of ministry.
What about you? What do you love about church in your context?