Sometimes I feel like I ought to wear my collar during the week, just to better illustrate the things I do as a pastor. This week I just did a lot of seeing other people in various capacities. So this we, as a pastor, I …
- ate a ton of Thanksgiving food, almost 2 weeks before the actual day.
- stumbled over praying for Paris, then wrote a Pastoral Letter to compensate.
- began a #givingtuesday campaign on our Facebook page to illustrate Methodist mission work.
- studied, advocated and organized Simple Board governance to come to Orchards.
- went to two meetings only to find that they had been cancelled.
- had two pastoral lunches with parishioners.
- created Christmas Eve service for children.
- learned a lot about sheep and goats for a talk on Jesus’ farewell discourse.
Plus, I put together a Christmas gift for my family that I am very proud of. And I had a nice, restful Sabbath with the family. In all, it was a good week.