Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news.” As Jesus passed along the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the sea—for they were fishermen. And Jesus said to them, “Follow me and I will make you fish for people.” And immediately they left their nets and followed him. As he went a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John, who were in their boat mending the nets. Immediately he called them; and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men, and followed him.
- Fishing, Romanticized
- How to make a fishing net
- When You’re the One in the Wrong
- Boat-Making; Helping youth
- What are God’s callings in your life?
- What does it mean that an all-powerful God would call us to participate in God’s work?
- In what ways do all callings from God require us to “drop our nets and follow”?
- What might God’s calling be for Zebedee in the above scenario?
- Fisher of Men, by M. Ward
- Ragtime, by Neko Case
- A Change is Gonna Come, by Ben Sollee
- Intergalactic, by Beastie Boys
- From Now On, by Nada Surf
- Joking, by The Indigo Girls
- Little Secrets, by Passion Pit
- Waiting – Reprise, by George Michael
- God Willin’ & the Creek Don’t Rise, by Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs
- Twenty Miles, by Deer Tick
Come, fish. Nets / fall, boys become men / Follow God