At that very hour some Pharisees came and said to him, ‘Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you.’ He said to them, ‘Go and tell that fox for me, “Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work. Yet today, tomorrow, and the next day I must be on my way, because it is impossible for a prophet to be killed away from Jerusalem.” Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! See, your house is left to you. And I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, “Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.” ’
- Why do we kill prophets?
- What does it mean for Jesus to “finish his work”?
- What would a world without violence look like?
- Who has God sent to your town, only to be stoned and rejected?
- Us and Them, by Pink Floyd
- Drumming Song, by Florence + the Machine
- Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, by Neko Case
- Trouble, by Hey Marseilles
- Sweetest Kill, by Broken Social Scene
- His Master’s Voice, by Monsters of Folk
- By the Throat, by CHVRCHES
- Ubi Caritas, by Maurice Durufle
- Stupid Mouth Shut, by Hem
- Burying Song, by Hem
foxes among us
and not die.