Today, I left early and got home late. The scripture for the week is about a fig tree that produced no fruit after 3 years. The gardener gets 1 more year and a steaming pile of manure to make things better, or else.
I have reviewed my disciplines scorecard and found that I was often falling below the halfway mark. I have had a couple of 3.0 days, a couple of 2.13 day and a lot in the lukewarm zone. So today, I set out to put a win in the column. I have a hard time putting wins in the ecclesiastic column, but that’s no excuse for my faith. So I got up early and made the effort. After weeks of snow-gray partial incarceration, it is on me to get out of the funk. I must say that it was a good day.
1a) Driving the speed limit–Disciplined, efficient, successful. 4:4
1b) Foul Language–Driving the speed limit honestly eliminates most cause for this. Best day yet. 4:4
2) Fasting Lunch–I skipped lunch, worked on getting organized, which was worthwhile. Ate a ton at 4PM. 3:4
3) Giving up Facebook–Never even thought about it. 4:4
4) Reading–Got 3 chapters of Ezekiel in as well as read some of Wesley’s journal. Also did commentary work in preparation for Sunday. 4:4
5) Something strictly between God and me–Best day yet. 4:4
6) Visiting Parishioners–Saw R. in the hospital, and felt really skilled, at ease…pastoral. Got a nice complement from her son. 4:4
7) Guitar–Never had time. 1:4
Daily score–3.5 Best Day Yet!